Friday, February 19, 2010

The Plan

As an economics/political science major I spend a good deal of my free time reading and thinking. It is upon these ponderings and thinkings that I will find the majority of my material for this blog.

Once or twice weekly, I plan on picking a topic/article that is either current or of historical significance and discussing it. It might be my random thoughts and ponderings during my Middle-East or Chinese politics class, or simply a brief rundown of an article and my personal analysis of it.

Either way, This blog will be the medium upon which I transfer the thoughts, ideas, and hypotheses of my mind into written/typed/electronic format. During this process I hope to learn to better articulate my thoughts and arguments and in the process help myself and my readers to better understand the world that is around us.

I intend to use this blog for two main reasons:

1- Keep myself informed and thinking critically about world issues and events.
2- Hopefully keep others informed about important world events you might not find on the front page of the local paper.

Please join me on this journey each week and enjoy.

No comments: